1.Complete the text with the correct part of speech using the words in brackets.
Profession accompanies people during all their lives. When once choosing a profession ___________(usual) only a few people do change it in their further life. That is why it is necessary to be especially careful in making the choice. Men and women have different ________(prefer) in career and in professions they choose. During the history men usually were the only ones who worked and got certain professions while the only profession of women was the housewife and sometimes________ (teach). But day by day women widen spheres of their________ (active) and in the result only a few professions for men were left. Nowadays the same trend takes place. Nowadays the __________(major) of leading positions are taken by men. This fact is usually explained _______(history) and after all we are living in the men’s world. Nevertheless, today more and more employers would like to see women at the leading positions in their companies and offices. As you see, men start to lose their leading position in society. But of course it doesn’t matter what profession you have because profession must correspond to your_______ (interesting) and to your desire to do something during all your life with pleasure.
2.Use the text of the first task and decide if these statements are true (T) or false (F).
1) People often change their professions in further life.
2) In the past women mostly used to be housewives or teachers.
3) Nowadays men are left with only a few professions which are not usually chosen by women.
4) Women aren’t wanted at the leading positions today.
5) The choice of your future profession should depend on your wish to do something with pleasure during all your life.
3.Translate into English.
1) Йому слід спочатку порадитись з батьками.
2) Чи не могли б ви допомогти мені знайти необхідну інформацію?
3) Твій друг вміє грати в шахи? — Так, він умів грати в шахи, коли йому було десять років.
4) Можна мені взяти ваш словник? — Так.
5) Вона мала відправити лист вчора.
|Переглядів: 59 | Завантажень: 0 ||
|Всього коментарів: 0|